Thursday, December 6, 2012

Artists news n°4 : Ida Gard and Jenny Owen Youngs

Hey Guys,

I hope you're doing well. I haven't presented you a new artist for a long time but I promise you to do that as soon as possible when I'll have a bit more free time. Anyway I'll try to keep you update with the news about artists already featured on the blog. As you've seen, there's a lot of things happening in the indie artists world and I hope you appreciate the brieve news I give you about them. For tonight, it will concern 2 amazing women : Ida Gard and Jenny Owen Youngs !

In around a week, I'll start again a christmas song series as I did last year. I already have few songs for you. If you want to suggest me a song, don't hesitate to send it to me via email, twitter or facebook.

Ida Gard performed a song little known live at PirateCat Radio in San Francisco 2 years ago. Ida shared it again today on social networks. This song is "No fire, no fee Gigolo". Besides being a great song, as Ida know well to do, she gave it a touch of humor.


Reminder : She has a show December 13th !

Jenny Owen Youngs has started to work on a new song project called "Exhibit".

Every Tuesday for 8 weeks, she will spend time in a New York City museum. Within one week's time, she will compose and record a song inspired by the visit.

The first song of this series "Here Comes The Monster" was inspired by The American Museum of Natural History’s Hall of Marine Life.






No comments:

Post a Comment